T Cell and Immunotherapy Media
Cell Activation and Expansion for Immunotherapy and Immunology Research
Elucidating the complex cellular interactions involved in immune responses is critical to developing novel and effective immunotherapies. This requires effective and consistent tools to standardize immunology research. Sartorius offers high-quality media, developed and optimized specifically for culturing PBMCs, T cells, CAR-Ts and TILs. With the serum-free, xeno-free 4Cell® Nutri-T Media, you can simplify your process, reduce the risks associated with serum, and ease your regulatory procedures.
Robust T Cell and Immunotherapy Culture
Cell-Based Immunotherapy Culture
- Serum-free, xeno-free media
- Optimized for T cell, TIL, CAR-T and PBMC applications
- Excellent performance without the addition of human serum
- Manufactured in compliance with cGMP guidelines
- Seamless transition from research to the clinic
Culture Medium for T cells, CAR-Ts, TILs, and PBMCs for Clinical Application
Serum-free, xeno-free, ready-to-use medium provides excellent performance with both healthy and patient-derived donor cells.
- Drug Master File is available
- Manufactured in accordance with ISO 13408 and cGMP guidelines
- Regulatory and scientific consultation and assistance
- Scale-up and customization capabilities
Culture Medium for T cells, CAR-Ts and Tregs
Serum-free and xeno-free medium provides exceptional performance with no need to add serum.
Promotes an early-differentiated phenotype
Manufactured in accordance with USP Chapter <1043>, ISO 20399:2022 and all applicable GMP guidelines
FDA Drug Master File (DMF) coming soon
Ideal for the Activation and Expansion of T Cells, NK and CIK Cells
- Animal derived component-free (ADCF)
- Provides high cell yield and desired phenotypes
- Manufactured in accordance with cGMP guidelines
- Preclinical and GMP versions available
- High purity and extremely low endotoxin levels
Excellent Performance and Flexibility
Learn More about 4Cell® Nutri-T Medium
Sartorius’ Cell Culture Media for Your Cell-Based Immunotherapy
4Cell® Nutri-T is the ideal culture medium for the development and scale-up of T-cell-based therapeutic immunotherapy and cell therapy applications. It is the only medium that does not require the addition of serum, hence simplifying the process, and is more compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Quickly generate high cell yields
- Increase therapeutic potential
- Enable seamless clinical transitions
- Trust lot-to-lot consistency and extensive documentation
FAQ - T-Cell & Immunotherapy Media
- Sample preparation: Using leukapheresis to prepare and concentrate whole blood components (e.g., patient’s PBMCs separated from red blood cells).
- Cell activation: Enriching, selecting, and activating T-Cells using anti-CD3 and anti-CD28 coated antibodies (typically bead-based) and growth factors (e.g., IL-2).
- Transduction: Genetically modifying endogenous T-Cells to express a specific receptor. After, the excess vector and other residuals are washed from the culture.
- Expansion: Expanding T-Cells initially in static conditions, and then performing further expansions using static means or GMP agitation bioreactor methods. Scientists continue expansion until enough cells reach clinical dose requirements. During the expansion stage, volume grows based on the number of cells. Both phases of expansion can also be done in an integrated closed system.
- Harvest: Harvesting engineered T-Cells using gravity settlement or counter-flow centrifugation. Scientists might use several wash steps before formulating the final media. The product is then transferred to an infusion medical device bag.
- Cryopreservation: Preserving cells in medium with 10% DMSO and salt with 5% DMSO and freezing for long-term storage.