The world’s most versatile automated single cell and colony picking system
The CellCelector Flex platform is a fully automated cell imaging and picking system developed for the screening, detection, selection and isolation of single cells, clusters, spheroids and organoids, as well as single cell clones and adherent colonies. It is widely used in a multitude of research areas, such as CTC screening, stem cell research, cell line development and antibody discovery.
The CellCelector Flex combines a high-content imaging system with a fully automated micro-manipulation robot, consisting of an automated inverted fluorescence microscope with high-resolution optics, a high-speed scanning stage, a high-precision microfluidic cell picking robot and powerful imaging processing and analysis software.
Patented picking technology provides extremely quick scanning and picking speeds, leading to fast cell retrieval. Gentle cellular transfer results in high cell integrity and outgrowth rates. Picking/transfer efficiencies of up to 100% can be achieved for some applications, such as single cell cloning.
Exchangeable Picking Tools Designed for Various Applications
The CellCelector Flex has three interchangeable picking modules, with automatic module recognition and the rapid loading of applicable protocols and parameters. With this unique versatility, the CellCelector Flex system can be easily shared by several research groups and is an ideal resource for core facilities.
Single Cell Picking Module
Single-use glass capillary designed for gentle, high-precision, low-volume aspiration of cells and liquids. Ideal for single cell isolation.
Adherent Colony Picking Module
Reusable stainless steel tips for contamination-free picking of adherent colonies. Ideal for stem cell colonies or tissue applications.
Semi-solid Media Picking Module
Disposable plastic tips for the picking of clones, colonies, spheroids, large organoids and other 3D structures from semi-solid media.
Easily customizable using a wide range of adapters to handle all common labware, including source plates installed on the microscope stage or destination plates placed on the robot deck tray, the CellCelector Flex eliminates the requirement for the purchase of additional expensive consumables or reagents.
- Versatility: picking and isolation from samples of single cells to complex models like organoids from a variety of liquid and semi-solid media
- Isolation of living or fixed cells
- Validated protocols for a wide range of applications
- Flexibility to develop unique imaging, detection and picking protocols
- Fully automated picking modes with real-time visualization of picking process
- Automated adjustment of picking position and height
- GLP and GMP compliant documentation and traceability
- Bright-field, phase contrast and fluorescence imaging in up to 6 channels
- Up to 6 objectives from 2x to 40x on an automated turret
- Automated image analysis, cell/colony segmentation and gating based on cell morphology and/or fluorescent markers
- Picking capillaries/tips inner diameter sizes from 20 µm to 1.2 mm, unlocking a wide range of applications
- User adjustable picking protocols such as aspiration volumes and speeds.
- Three application-specific picking modes including single cell picking, adherent colony picking, and semi-solid media picking modules
An intuitive, graphical user interface guides users through the experimental steps, with differing levels of account access allowing new users to comfortably operate the software, while simultaneously providing advanced features and customization capabilities for power users. The CellCelector Flex empowers users to conduct simple, day-to-day operations, as well as sophisticated and complex experiments.
Scans can either be conducted in bright-field, phase contrast or across 6 fluorescence channels, resulting in up to 14 colors. Each scan runs according to pre-defined settings to guarantee the successful recognition and detection of cell samples.
The most common plate formats are pre-installed in the system and new, user-defined formats can be easily added to the plate library.
Review & Selection
Analyzed results are listed as detected objects based on corresponding parameter values, and can be further filtered based on user-defined parameters. Detected target cells are visualized in various gallery modes, allowing for a fast visual confirmation of the particle list. Semi-automated or manual on-screen selection by the user is also available.
The CellCelector Flex software gives the operator access to a wide range of picking parameters, such as volumes, picking height, aspiration and dispensing speeds. These parameters can be adjusted for optimal picking results, allowing the system to not only pick from standard cell culture vessels, but also from membranes, filters or microscope slides.
- Ideal for research and development applications with customizable protocols
- Easy to follow experimental workflows and protocols for routine work
- Highly flexible and high-quality image processing and analysis, and sensitive, precise picking
- User-definable export of all experiment data for subsequent documentation and archiving