For Scalable and Efficient Cell Line Selection and Process Development
Small-scale, multi-parallel bioreactors provide more process information for culture comparison in less time. Multiple experiments can assess different clones or cell lines, as well as the effects of pH, temperature, feeding, media, gassing rates and inoculation densities.
Ambr® multi-parallel bioreactors can handle your upstream process steps, from clone or cell line selection to process optimization, ensuring scalability because process data translates well into the 2L Univessel® SU and larger Biostat STR® systems.
Simplify Your Process With Ambr®
Find the Right Ambr® System for Your Application
Ambr® Bioreactor Systems are available with different working volumes and configurations to suit your specific application needs. These systems feature single-use bioreactors for easy connection and fast turnaround.
|Ambr® 15 Cell Culture||Ambr® 250 Modular||Ambr® 250 High Throughput||Ambr® 250 High Throughput Perfusion|
Vessel working volume
10 – 15 mL
100 – 250 mL
100 – 250 mL
100 – 250 mL
No. of parallel cultivations
24 – 48
2 – 8
12 – 24
12 – 24
Insect and mammalian cell culture
Automated liquid handling
Ambr® 15 Cell Culture for Improved Cell Line Selection
Ambr® 15 Cell Culture, a high-throughput, parallel automated bioreactor system, facilitates the selection of the best clones, media and feeds under small-scale bioreactor conditions.
- Run 24 or 48 parallel cultivations at the 10 – 15 mL microbioreactor scale
- Modernize cell line development workflows
- Use high-throughput automation to screen more clones and media in less time
Ambr® 250 Modular for Simplified Operation
Ambr® 250 Modular, an easy-to-use, expandable benchtop system that integrates 2 – 8 single-use 100 – 250 mL mini bioreactors.
- Select a vessel configuration to suit the application, with baffled versions available for mammalian and microbial cultures and unbaffled for cell and gene therapy
- Set up and turn around process development experiments rapidly
- Operate 8 bioreactors at a time on 2m of bench space
- No need to connect tubing or filters
Ambr® 250 High Throughput for Increased Productivity
Ambr® 250 High Throughput, an automated bioreactor system, has 12 or 24 fully featured single-use 100 – 250 mL mini bioreactors.
- Speed up process development, process optimization and scale-down studies.
- Choose from different vessel configurations for either mammalian or microbial culture
- Undertake DOE and QbD studies with high-throughput automated operation
Ambr® 250 High Throughput Perfusion for Intensifying Processes
Ambr® 250 High Throughput Perfusion, a parallel bioreactor system for rapid deployment of scalable perfusion processes, integrates up to 24 fully single-use 100 – 250 mL bioreactors in a fully automated liquid handling platform.
- Fast-track intensified cell culture processes
- Facilitate setup with irradiated and pre-assembled vessels and consumables
- Enable perfusion process DOE and QbD with high-throughput automated operation
Analyzers for Ambr®
Integrated and Data-Connected Analyzers for Your Bioprocessing Needs
Ambr® systems are compatible with a range of bioprocess analyzer technologies and can be integrated with the systems directly or via the automated transfer of bioreactor sample data and the return of analytical results.
Integration of Proven Technologies Into Ambr® Systems
Integrated analyzers allow routine measurement of key cell culture process parameters, including pH, cell viability, viable cell density, metabolite levels and spectroscopic analysis.
- Available for Ambr® 15 Cell Culture, Ambr® 250 High Throughput and Ambr® 250 High Throughput Perfusion systems
- Automated sampling, measurement and data transfer back to the Ambr® control software
- Allows out-of-hours sampling without an operator present
- Results can be used for process control
Stand-Alone Analyzers With Data Connection to Ambr® Systems
Analyzers with data connectivity provide critical quality attribute (CQA) information, including product titer, glycosylation levels and cell culture media composition.
- Samples are manually transferred to the analyzers; results are automatically returned to Ambr®
- Simplified data management workflow reduces errors
- Understanding of product quantity and quality during the process
Simplify Data Analytics
Software Tools for Designing Ambr® Experiments and Analyzing Data
Software offered by Sartorius allows you to analyze and apply data generated by Ambr® systems to improve process efficiency.
- Streamline and simplify clone selection with cell line screening and ranking software
- Design effective experiments quickly to increase productivity and reduce risk
Ambr® Clone Selection Powered by Umetrics®
The Ambr® Clone Selection Powered by Umetrics® is a stand-alone early process development application designed for use with data generated by Ambr® systems.
Simplify the workflow for cell line screening and ranking of:
- Cell lines, clones
- Microbial strains
Design Effective Experiments With Integrated MODDE® Software
MODDE® Design of Experiments is integrated into Ambr® 15 and Ambr® 250 software, providing a fast and cost-effective way to design effective experiments. With built-in guidance and quality measures, MODDE® ensures users make the best experimental choices and get DOE right, right from the start.
BioPAT® Process Insights Software
Process Insights software provides predictive scaling capabilities in an easy-to-use interface to evaluate multiple scaling parameters across a range of Sartorius bioreactor scales simultaneously.
- Predict bioreactor scalability risk across the development workflow
- Replace spreadsheets and simplify scaling for all users
- Save time and money with characterized bioreactor data
Bioreactor Scaling - Simplifying the Scaling Process Between Bioreacto...
Learn how bioreactor design, process insights software and data analytics can ease the challenges of scaling.
Is Your Bioreactor Scaling One-Dimensional?
See How a Multi-Dimensional Approach Simplifies the Scaling Process
Rapid, Low-risk Approach for Process Transfer
Minimize the risks associated with conventional bioreactor scaling and design space exploration using BioPAT® Process Insights, a software tool that combines scaling functionality with characterized bioreactor data to support consistent scale-up between Sartorius bioreactors from 15 mL through pilot scale and up to 2,000 L.